This is a game I would personally recommend to anyone, beginner, veteran, age 3, age 60, anyone. It is a little difficult, but is the easiest Megaman game. If you want to start to play the Megaman series, play them in order. -The Firemoon Gamer.
Today I am doing a boss guide for Megaman 1. It is a game where all you do is walk, jump, and shoot. That is all there is to it. I am going to highlight all the bosses’ weaknesses. But before that, I am going to highlight the cutter boomerang glitch.
The cutter boomerang glitch is an oversight: with cuttermans item, the cutter boomerang, you can deal infinite damage. It is where you select the cutter boomerang and when it hits an enemy or boss, continuously mash select to deal damage infinitely. This glitch/oversight happens because the cutter boomerangs stays out of the field indefinitely until the boomerang goes back to you. When you press select, the boomerangs despawns because the game is paused, then re-spawns back into play when you press select. When this happens, if it is on an enemy, it deals out damage again, mostly because the damage dealt to the enemy is already given, but since the boomerang spawned is “new”, it can deal damage to the same enemy over and over again. So essentially, you could theoretically deal infinite damage.
1. Gutsman- Gutsman stage should be the first stage you tackle, as he is the weakest to the mega blaster, but if you don’t do him first, he is weak to bombmans power.
2. Cutterman – Cutterman is weak to Gutsman’s item, so if you pick up the rocks in the arena and throw them at him; he should die in two hits.
3. Elecman-By now you should have the cutter boomerang, and guess what Elecmans weakness is. Even without the cutter boomerang glitch, he is extremely weak to the cutter boomerangs.
4.Iceman is weak to elecmans power, and it gets him defeated quickly.
5. Bombman- Bombman is weak to firemans power, so just defeat him with that, or the boomerang
6. Fireman- Fireman is weak to icemans power, but the cutter boomerang glitch is perfectly valid.
5. Bombman- Bombman is weak to firemans power, so just defeat him with that, or the boomerang, which is good practice for what is coming up.
7 Yellow Devil- The yellow devil is what one could literally be called an actual devil. He is immune to mostly everything, but use the cutter boomerang glitch and you won’t deal with hours of swearing and cursing at the devil.
8 Megaman Clone- Just use the boomerang glitch again, but his weakness is the mega buster
9. Machine bubble- this fight is hard. But in all honesty, just use gutmans item, and then use the mega buster, because that is what it is weak to. Also Elecmans item, but megabuster is faster and more reliable in this case.
10 Dr. Wily- Dr. Wily is weak to the mega buster, firemans power, boomerang, and elecmans power. Hold off using elecmans power during stage one, because it does double damage stage 2 (if you’ve played megaman before you know what I mean)